Welcome to St Joseph & St Teresa's
Catholic Primary School.
Tel: 01302 723320 Fax: 01302 728011
St Joseph & St Teresa's School is a GOOD school.
Please click here for the full report.
We hope you find everything you need. If you have any queries or if you require a paper copy of anything on our website, please contact Mrs Middleton in the school office.
Online Safety and Coronavirus
Children’s lives have changed drastically because of the coronavirus. While the internet is a great way for children to stay in touch with their friends and keep busy during lockdown, it can also bring risks. It is so important to keep your child safe.
To keep your child safe the following tips should be considered:
- Setting security settings within your browser/s
- Encourage children to use their laptop/tablet in a family area where possible
- Consider the use of mobiles phones, games consoles, tablets and other devices with access to the Internet
- Regularly check the Internet sites your child has visited by looking in the history and favourites
Your child should also be advised to:
- Tell you about the websites they are using
- Only use child friendly search engines
- Only email people they know
- Never give out personal information
- Never arrange to meet people they have met on the Internet without the approval and consent of a parent/carer first
- Only use a webcam with people they know and with the approval and consent of a parent/carer first
- Tell you immediately if they see anything they are unhappy with
The following resources will support you to talk to your child about a range of online safety issues:
- UK Safer Internet Centre
Reminder of COVID-19 symptoms and what to do:
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible – book online or phone 119
Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
If you have any questions, please contact the school and we will do our best to help.
Latest 2020/2021 Events
There are currently no events.