St George's class
Homework is important as it reinforces and challenges pupils’ learning.
- Your child should read every night to an adult and have their reading record signed.
- Learn their spellings. These can be found in their Home/ School Diary. There is space in their diary to "Look, Cover, Write and Check."
- Learn their Times Tables and practice mental calculations.
In addition to this, more formal homework will be set on a Friday to be completed by the following Wednesday.
The homework set for children in year 6 may vary from the above. This is because they are preparing for the SAT's tests in May and for life at secondary school.
Homework: Friday 15th February 2019
Year 5 : English - SPAG
Year 6: Maths and SPAG
Year 5 & Year 6: Half-Term Homework
Design a logo for our Catholic Family of Doncaster Schools
Each half term, the Headteachers from every Catholic School in Doncaster meet to discuss ways in which our schools can work together to get the very best for every child, in every school.
Some of the things the Family of Schools have organised are:-
- Joint INSET days - training for teachers across the Family
- Shared Mass and Collective Worship for all staff across the Family
- Transition Days for Y6 to McAuley School
- Y5 Festival of Fun Days at McAuley
- and much more...
The headteachers have set a challenge across the schools to develop a logo to represent our Catholic Family of Doncaster Schools.
A logo needs to be a simple picture, which shows what we do.
When designing your logo, consider how it can show some of the words below...
- Catholic/Christian Schools
- Working together
Please design your logo on a blank piece of paper and hand this to your class teacher after half term. Make your logo large and clear - we can make it smaller after. The top 3 logos will be picked and sent to the final draw, along with 3 entries from each of the schools.
There will be prizes for the top 3 winning logos
from St Joseph & St Teresa's.
Spellings: Year 5 & Year 6: Look at the Year 5/6 word lists in the back of your planners and revise them.