St patrick's Class
Class Teacher: Mrs H Cummins-Smith
Other Members of Staff:
Mrs S Firth Mrs M Black
Ms M Chappell Mrs S Duffy
Mrs K Stevenson Mrs J O'Neill
Current Topic: Paws, Claws and Whiskers
Soft fur, sharp claws, twitching whiskers… What’s your favourite animal?
One that meows? One that barks? One that scurries or slithers?
In this topic we will be identifying, classifying and comparing animals, including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals. Do all of these animals have the same habitat? Eat the same food? From pets at home to animals in the zoo, let’s get investigating.
Important dates for St Patrick's class this term:
- Parents/ carers evening - Tuesday 26th February and Wednesday 27th February
- Class photograph - Monday 4th May
- St Patrick’s class liturgy – Friday 15th March 2:40pm
- Trip to Tropical Butterfly House, Wildlife and Falconry Centre – Tuesday 19th March
- St Patrick and St Andrew’s Palm Sunday Story – Tuesday 9th April 2:40pm
P.E. is on a Tuesday and Thursday.
P.E kits can be brought into school on Monday and left at school until Friday. This will ensure that they have a kit in school if there was a need to change the day of P.E.
Homework will be given out on a Friday and should be completed and returned by the following Wednesday.
Spellings will be given out on a Friday and tested the following Friday. Please encourage your child to learn and practice their spellings each week. These can be found in their Home/ School Diary.